Pages

Welcome

Mission Statement
Rural Empowerment Initiatives (REI) mission is to collaborate in the reduction of poverty through investment in rural areas and training of local people.

Vision Statement
REI's vision is to treat every created being with dignity, respect and love. We strive to work with those most in need by empowering people to recognize their God given talents, enabling them to make the world a better place and providing them hope for the future.

Our Principles
REI believes that all people are created equal.
REI will develop small to medium businesses (SMEs) as one approach to reach those most in need by creating jobs that build the economy in rural areas.
REI's partner businesses will be led, managed and majority owned by local people.
REI will always seek a triple bottom line of economic, spiritual and social transformation.
REI seeks to build sustainable community-oriented business models.
REI's focus of support is to the economically disadvantaged.
REI will seek attractive market and growth opportunities.
REI will incubate pilot projects with capable management.
REI believes in collaboration. We seek partners whose strengths complement our own in an effort to build well-rounded projects of lasting economic value for the communities in which we work.
REI is inspired by the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, and is therefore rooted in the Christian faith.

Give Online

Give Online
Scroll down and look for people and my name Rick S.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Life and Times of a Developer


These days are interesting...
Returning from Senegal always takes a bit of time to re-adjust to life here in the states. The rat race of life....of schedules...that meet on time(unlike in Senegal)...family life....business...and of course carving out what's left for God.
This years personal goals where to find more solitude and to begin the process of simplflying life. As we are ending the first quarter of the year...it's time to evaluate.
Solitude- where and when do you find it? At the end of the day as you lay in bed trying very hard to keep your eyes open? The morning when you are thinking about the day ahead and all that it brings? How bout lunch time? Nah...too busy eating lunch and accomplishing something else while I eat. you know what? I'm not doing very good with this to be honest. While our family has taken up backpacking and hiking...I look forward to some quiet time in the woods. But to find solitude on an every day basis is a struggle. I will continue to strive forward and pray for solitude.
Simplification- Oh yes...as a good American ....why simplify? I have all these things at my finger tips to help me simplify. You know...things like the salad shooter and the microwave. Oh how I long to simplify. While I admit, my better half is so good as this...I have a loooong way to go.
Let me tell you...the life in Senegal is so simple. I envy their way of living simply. I learn so much about that when I travel there.

These days are good. God is so good. We should be down on our knees every minute of the day.
I was thinking yesterday, looking at the sun. Just think for a minute. The creator of that sun. That sun that makes every living thing exist. I really connected that the sun(son) and God are so connected... and to think that God, the creator of the sun, knows you by name and desires a personal relationship with you....whoa...God is good.

peace,
rick

No comments:

Post a Comment