Pages

Welcome

Mission Statement
Rural Empowerment Initiatives (REI) mission is to collaborate in the reduction of poverty through investment in rural areas and training of local people.

Vision Statement
REI's vision is to treat every created being with dignity, respect and love. We strive to work with those most in need by empowering people to recognize their God given talents, enabling them to make the world a better place and providing them hope for the future.

Our Principles
REI believes that all people are created equal.
REI will develop small to medium businesses (SMEs) as one approach to reach those most in need by creating jobs that build the economy in rural areas.
REI's partner businesses will be led, managed and majority owned by local people.
REI will always seek a triple bottom line of economic, spiritual and social transformation.
REI seeks to build sustainable community-oriented business models.
REI's focus of support is to the economically disadvantaged.
REI will seek attractive market and growth opportunities.
REI will incubate pilot projects with capable management.
REI believes in collaboration. We seek partners whose strengths complement our own in an effort to build well-rounded projects of lasting economic value for the communities in which we work.
REI is inspired by the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, and is therefore rooted in the Christian faith.

Give Online

Give Online
Scroll down and look for people and my name Rick S.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time

David Bowie-'Changes' Lyrics from that golden era of music...the 70's

There are changes on the horizon.
For the past six months or so, I have felt a sense of change in my life. I have sensed that God had something else in store for me and it was going to be something big. About a month ago, God threw me a major league curve ball.
I received a email from the founder of the Congo Initiative, David Kasali. Dr. David Kasali and I have been building a relationship for about four years now.He was teaching classes at Trinity International U which I have been taking courses at the satellite Elmbrook church location. He and his wife Cassie both have doctorate degrees. Both of them could have nice cush jobs here in the states. But, they have decided to go back to their country to give back what God has so graciously given them. They have co founded the Congo Initiative(CI). They just left this past Thursday to return to their country to help rebuild this war torn country.
The email was to ask if I would be interested in joining CI in a staff role.
The role looked promising. No pay...no guarantees..as the chairman of the board put it...everything is temporary...no benefits...hey this sounds good I said to myself:)This is the way I figured I should look at life. No or little compensation for something you feel compassionate about..we are not guaranteed breakfast tomorrow...and everything here on earth is temporary. This is a fit! So as of this past week, Dawn and I are rolling up our sleeves and joining CI!
Let me tell you a bit about CI.
The vision is to train and develop strong, indigenous Christian leaders to transform their communities and their nation of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
I will be in a role that will facilitate current partnerships, build new partnerships, help with fund raising and search for funds through foundations and grants, and help build a holistic view of ministry for all in involved.
So what does this all mean? It means that my role with United World Mission will be expanded. Not only will I be involved in West Africa, but now the Congo as well.
Something big is on the horizon...and I am gonna have to be a different man...Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

GO TO CONGO INITIATIVES WEBSITE TO FIND OUT MORE...

No comments:

Post a Comment